AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Can AdWords produce Web Query URLs

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Can AdWords produce Web Query URLs? 

Bid Managers like DoubleClicks (owned by Google) and Quantum Mind can create a web query urls for any report. This url can be used in Microsoft Excel, which the excel spread sheet communicates directly with the DoubleClick or Quantum Mind to grab the report. This way I can preemptively write formulas to do calculations such as ad spend pacing and other types of data segmentations.

I have looked at AdWords scripts and found the closest thing available is to push a report to Google Drive through the use of a Google Script. I'm not super technical in terms coding so i'm not sure is Web Query URL is a hidden feature in adwords? or this feature does not exist at all for Adwords? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Can AdWords produce Web Query URLs

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Steven,

All actions are either performed in the AdWords dashboard, AdWords API, AdWords Scripts or the AdWords Editor. If you have looked over AdWords Scripts and did not see the precise ability you are wanting, I would say to dig into the AdWords API.  

All the Best,

James