AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Can 2 distinct websites that belong to the same advertiser share RLSA lists?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The domains are different, but the company is the same.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ratan-Jha (Top Contributor)
August 2016

Re: Can 2 distinct websites that belong to the same advertiser share RLSA lists?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Julien M

Technically, yes you can.  How it's done is going to depend on how you have things setup.  If both sites are run from the same account, it is fairly easy. Just apply whichever list to the other's adgroups.  If they're in different accounts, you'll need an MCC to connect both, and enable permissions in account access to share on MCC level.

If it's the same company with two websites sponsoring the same keywords, you are potentially violating Adwords policy.  

If the two websites are sponsoring different keywords, you're fine. However, I think you'll find that sharing RLSA lists between the two will most likely not do much for you because the people that visited from keyword set of website A, will have to perform a query related to website B for it to work.  Unless you've got some really popular product/service, and/or wide targeting, the probability of that is going to be low.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ratan-Jha (Top Contributor)
August 2016

Re: Can 2 distinct websites that belong to the same advertiser share RLSA lists?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Julien M

Technically, yes you can.  How it's done is going to depend on how you have things setup.  If both sites are run from the same account, it is fairly easy. Just apply whichever list to the other's adgroups.  If they're in different accounts, you'll need an MCC to connect both, and enable permissions in account access to share on MCC level.

If it's the same company with two websites sponsoring the same keywords, you are potentially violating Adwords policy.  

If the two websites are sponsoring different keywords, you're fine. However, I think you'll find that sharing RLSA lists between the two will most likely not do much for you because the people that visited from keyword set of website A, will have to perform a query related to website B for it to work.  Unless you've got some really popular product/service, and/or wide targeting, the probability of that is going to be low.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks David,

As far as I can see Google is pretty permissive with big corporations that bid on the same keyword with several websites at the same time. Smiley Happy

Anyway, that's the answer I was looking for, thank you!

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Julien M

While it may appear that way, that's not exactly true.  Most of the time what's going on is an affiliate or customer acquisition type arrangement.  It's actually a completely different company.  An example of this would be doing a query for DirecTV.   You'll see multiple websites selling the service, but it's not all DirectTV. The site in position 2 is one of these customer acquisition companies. They receive a commission from DirecTV for sales they generate, but the website, PPC management, and even the call center are all run by this other company.  For the same company to do this, it definitely violates guidelines.  You can read up on those here:  https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020954?hl=en

Obviously I have no control over how you proceed, but you can't say you haven't been told.