AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Campaigns with no ad groups warning

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I've created a campaign and, under it, two separate ads with their ad groups. Everything is approved and I think I should be ready to run the campaign, but somehow I keep receiving the "Campaigns with no ad groups (1)" warning everytime and my ads are not showing.

The ads are approved and the ad groups are enabled and listed under the campaign. Everything should be ready, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Can someone help me with this? Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Campaigns with no ad groups warning

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

This message is shown to the advertisers when Adwords system finds any ad groups inside your campaign with no ad copies.

Hence when you click on that message it will filter out all other ad groups and will only show you the ad group with no ads in it. It's just an informative message to make you aware of this situation.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello,

I apologise, I just misread your first post.

What I actually meant is that if you ever created any campaign but doesn't include any ad groups in that. Adwords system probably is giving the warning message for that campaign.

However, if you have already created ad groups inside your campaign, then this warning should go away in sometime.

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello ballener0,

Welcome to Google Adwords Community, 

If I understand correctly, your campaign is running but there is warning message your ads are not running, continue live your campaign, Google automatically updates with one hours. and message does appear. 

I hope it helps to you 

Thank you 

Suman 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

This message is shown to the advertisers when Adwords system finds any ad groups inside your campaign with no ad copies.

Hence when you click on that message it will filter out all other ad groups and will only show you the ad group with no ads in it. It's just an informative message to make you aware of this situation.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Actually, when I click on the warning what I get is the campaign that supposedly doesn't have any ad groups, but when I click on the campaign, I am directed to the "Ads" tab, where my two ads already appear. 

What do you mean by "This message is shown to the advertisers when Adwords system finds any ad groups inside your campaign with no ad copies." ?

Thanks for your response!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello,

I apologise, I just misread your first post.

What I actually meant is that if you ever created any campaign but doesn't include any ad groups in that. Adwords system probably is giving the warning message for that campaign.

However, if you have already created ad groups inside your campaign, then this warning should go away in sometime.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

Finally it has gone live without doing anything on my part. Thank you for everything!