AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Campaigns not running.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

My Campaign went live yesterday at 8 am...i had built my campaigns in Google adwords itself...later on at 12 pm i was builtding campaign 1st time on adwords editor...when i uploaded the campaigns...i observed that my budget for the campaign which went live were not spending at all...there is money in the account too.

I really dont know what went wrong...Please Kindly Help.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Campaigns not running.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

If you have started the campaign for first time, there are few things to know as check list:

1. Check the status of Adcopies (Eligible or approved). Generally, the ads will be in review stage)
  2. If Ad copies are also approved, give some time may be 24 hours to get impressions.
  3. If you see some impressions, you will see clicks as well after some time then automatically your budget will be used.

Clicks depend on below factors:

Geo targeting Location - If you have selected a state or city then chances of major traffic is limited, change it to country.

Budget - If your Budget is very less, there may be limited impressions, slightly increase the bid value and see results. 

Regular monitor every 4 hours - This is helpful for new campaigns, if you ignore after increasing the bid value, 

-Syed

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

In addition to what Syed said above, make sure you have supplied the right payment details in your billing section. 

Is your campaign targeting Search Network or Display Network?

If you are targeting Google search, when you hover mouse over the speech bubble of individual keyword, what message are you getting?

Does it say ad running or not?

What is the status of your ads? Approved, eligible or under review?

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

All my ads are approved and running. Billing details are also right.

My campaigns were running fine in the morning but in the afternoon suddenly my budget was hardly being spent say like $2 to $4.

I am thinking was creating new campaigns and uploading them through adwords editor...so weneva i was uploading changes i used to say to all account...do you think that could be the reason????

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello,

Are  you making changes to the existing campaigns using Adwords Editor or creating new campaigns?

Did you check the hour of the day report if there is any need to increase the bid during any particular hour of the day?

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I didnt make any changes to existing campaigns...it was a sudden drop when i check hour of the day report...from 11 to 12:30 am i show good number of clicks and budget being spent...from 12:30 to 4...it only spent like $5...Between 12:30 to 4 i was uploading new campaigns from adwords editor....i am sooo lost...i dont know exactly what happened.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hello,

Are you noticing it regularly or does it happen for one single day?

There is a slight possibility that the product or service you are targeting is not more searchable during that particular time. You can find out by regularly monitoring the campaign and analysing the reporting section.

Try to utilize the budget more during the time your ads are getting the highest exposure.

Pankaj