AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Campaigns and Ads won't re-enable

SMo
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
SMo
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi--- I paused a campaign and ad, then wanted to re-enable them. When I checked the boxes next to the ads, and then went to EDIT and selected ENABLE, they remained paused.
Under STATUS, I get an orange message that says "Campaign paused".

Does anyone know how to correct this problem?

Re: Campaigns and Ads won't re-enable

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi SMo,

I've just checked in my accounts and enabling campaigns are working fine for me so not sure why you are having problems.

you could maybe try using adwords editor and see if that works for you.

Not sure if it it would make a difference, but try clearing your cache and restarting and try again. I occasionally come across some minor issues in the UI and this can help.

Let us know if you continure to have problems and we'll try to help.

SMo
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
SMo
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thx for your response. To clarify, it works on other campaigns, just not one in particular---no matter how many times I tried. Tried logging out and in again, etc. Not sure what else might be going on.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author SMo
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Is it giving you any kind of message when you try?

Go to your campaigns page and then settings where you can see all your campaign settings together. Is there anything at all that stands out as being different. End dates? Is it an adwords express campaign etc?

SMo
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
SMo
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks! I guess this is this the only place that re-enabling works from. I tried from within the campaign itself and no go. Seemed to work fine for other campaigns though. Stumped but happy to have this one campaign back on.
Thank you.