AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign under review for a week???

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does anyone know what the scoop is with Google reviewing new campaigns?  I setup and turned on a new campaign last Tuesday, and it has been sitting under review since then.  

Clients understand that Google may review their campaign, but they really aren't very warm to waiting a week for the ads to start running.  

One wonders if Google understands the precarious situation they put us in when a campaign sits in limbo like this.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Campaign under review for a week???

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hello KickSWS

These reviews are normal, even new accounts. We periodically review accounts to ensure that all ads meet our quality standards, to verify billing information, and to maintain account security. Per our Terms and Conditions (https://adwords.google.com/select/tsandcsfinder), ads can undergo review at any time.

However, I also understand that sometimes the approval of an account by our policy team can be time sensitive for an advertiser. If any account review takes longer than 2-3 business days, I would recommend contacting Google at this link, which can help expedite the review process:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/request.py?display=categories

Please only use this forum after the 3 business day period has elapsed. 

Further, please know that I've actually brought this thread to the attention of the AdWords point of contact at Google. They will be reviewing methods to speed up this process soon. Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Geoffrey

The Google AdWords Team

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

KickSWS;

Definitely, too long...

Many posts, lately, on campaigns and accounts being suspended/ reviewed by Google.

Since those reviews are carried out by real Googlers (not machines), there might be a backlog of reviews waiting to be completed.

Patience + try to contact Google CSR on the phone.

-Moshe.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Spoke with a Googler on Friday, who promised to have it reviewed by the end of the day.  Spoke to a seperate Googler today who made the same promise.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hello KickSWS

These reviews are normal, even new accounts. We periodically review accounts to ensure that all ads meet our quality standards, to verify billing information, and to maintain account security. Per our Terms and Conditions (https://adwords.google.com/select/tsandcsfinder), ads can undergo review at any time.

However, I also understand that sometimes the approval of an account by our policy team can be time sensitive for an advertiser. If any account review takes longer than 2-3 business days, I would recommend contacting Google at this link, which can help expedite the review process:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/request.py?display=categories

Please only use this forum after the 3 business day period has elapsed. 

Further, please know that I've actually brought this thread to the attention of the AdWords point of contact at Google. They will be reviewing methods to speed up this process soon. Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Geoffrey

The Google AdWords Team

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've now had client accounts campaigns that were not running for up to 3 weeks without any notification whatsoever. These accounts are managed by us on a monthly basis and hence we were not aware of the ads not running. We contacted Google about this who took 4 days to respond. We received the ads under review reply. We were told that we should now be happy because the ads are now running some 2 days later. Thats 27 days of non-running campaign without any notfication of the campaign stop. We were told that we had an email sent to us intimating that the campaign may be put under review.  What does that mean? I'd like to know what happens to my clients lead generation during those 3 weeks with their competitors receiving my clients clicks and now receiving new clients that my client has missed out on. What is Googles policy of reviewing all advertisers on each category and having ad campaigns suspended for the same time so that no-one is left worse off. Who pays for those lost leads and lost new clients? There can be serious revenue losses incurred in this current system. This review system as it appears right now is less than perfect given the desire and loyalty of clients who are so happy to use the Google AdWords System as a significant element in their marketing mix for lead generation and new client pipeline building. 

Following my numerous emails to Google outlining my concerns Google emailed me with a $50 credit. Well $75 credit vouchers are available from anywhere on the planet and my clients campaign was a $20 per day campaign.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Geoff - Do you have anything to say now on the above concern raised by Morelhornet ? Plz have that concern of sharing with us, as people like us who heavily rely on Google for their business are landing up no where due to heave reavenue loss.