AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign sitelink extension

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello AdWords ppl,

I am editing my  campaign sitelink extension. 

Where can I see preview of my extension with ad to see how it looks together?

- Lukas

Re: Campaign sitelink extension

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Why should I use extension for image remarketing, will be the extension shown?

- Lukas

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Lukas , 

You can see your sitelinks with the Ad Preview Tool from the "Tools and Analytics menu. They only show up when your site is in the top 3 positions, mainly the top 1 position. The phone and location extension do show up in other ad positions too.

Remarketing is a type of campaign that runs in the Display Network. Sitelinks should be displayed there but i don't know how to test this.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an ad group for the Display Campaign with location extensions, and the 10 ads with location extension show up as "Approved" but with no impressions and the other 10 ads without a location extension received over 2000 impressions since yesterday.

I've also raised this problem in this thread :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/GDN-ads-with-location-ext-not-showing-are-approve...

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks

is it possible to have for one campain more than one group of extension (Campaign level)?

I dont wanna use Ad group level. I would like to have 2 or 3 extensions groups for one campain (Campaign level).

Is it possible to have it or use experiment to choose best extension for campain?

- Lukas

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I suppose you are reffering to upgraded extensions.

This info is hidden deep in the documentation , you have to click 3 nested links on a page :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375416

Search for this text "Creating and managing sitelinks" then click on "Create and manage upgraded sitelinks", then click on "Creating new sitelinks" then scan for the following texts :

To create campaign-level sitelinks:

and

Ad group-level sitelinks

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I think you can have many extensions at campaign level and only choose to use a few of them at ad level.

They behave like inherited properties , the "child" = ad group can inherit one or more extensions from the "parent"=campaign.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Yes, I know about it.

but what I wanted is for example to have  2 groups of extensions and each one I would have 4 extension.

This 2 groups (or more) I would have for one campain at the same time. Then after some time I will see which group is working better and I will use it.

Thank you

- Lukas
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lukas Melichar
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆