AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign names very different in AE vs online account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, wiser people--

In Adwords Editor, the list of campaigns is very different from the campaigns in my online account. There’s only one account. I’m baffled.

I thought I’d just start over with a full download, but when I click on Accounts, I see my single account highlighted and the Download command is grayed out. My last update was ten days ago and there have been changes since, but only one campaign renamed, I believe.

On the "Get recent changes" dropdown, the two immediate options are greyed out. Seems odd. All I could do is schedule a download for right away, but I hesitate to do that because I'm in the dark. Googling the answer didn’t help. I’m really stuck.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jennifer E
January 2017

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

As to why Get Recent Changes et al are greyed out - your account is likely in Review Proposals mode. It enters that mode after import (from CSV, AEA or AES) or Make Multiple Changes. Imported changes are highlighted for your review. There should be a band at the top of the main window, with the color legend and two buttons, Keep and Reject. Either would take the account out of the Review mode (one keeps proposed changes and turns them into normal edits, ready to be posted; the other discards them).

All download and upload operations are disabled while in Review Proposals mode. Once you exit the mode, you should be able to Get recent changes.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jennifer E
January 2017

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

As to why Get Recent Changes et al are greyed out - your account is likely in Review Proposals mode. It enters that mode after import (from CSV, AEA or AES) or Make Multiple Changes. Imported changes are highlighted for your review. There should be a band at the top of the main window, with the color legend and two buttons, Keep and Reject. Either would take the account out of the Review mode (one keeps proposed changes and turns them into normal edits, ready to be posted; the other discards them).

All download and upload operations are disabled while in Review Proposals mode. Once you exit the mode, you should be able to Get recent changes.

Re: Campaign names very different in AE vs online account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You nailed it. Thanks. The campaign name differences is still a mystery,
but now they're correct. —Jennifer E.