AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign management

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi support,

I have created separate ad groups for categories. Does is make a difference if I create multiple campaigns. Also I have 2 keywords in on ad group and have the same 2 key words with an additional 2 key words in front of those and its coming back with an error. Is there anything I can do about that?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Campaign management

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jerry S,

Welcome..

As per my knowledge at the beginning stage it is good to create separate adgroups for all product/service categories.Run the campaign for 2 - 3 weeks.Then pull the report and check for which products/services you are getting most of the responses then you can create a separate campaign for that/those categories and allocate higher budget to this campaign to  ensure your ads are showing most of the the times in a day.

Also you can create a separate campaign from the beginning if want to focus specially on some products/services.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Jerry, Shuva's advice is good here.  It's a good idea to start small and gather data on performance which you'll then use to built structure into your Account.

All I'd additionally say is that you may be able to get information on performance from Google Analytics and existing organic sales.  What sells well organically (i.e. through ordinary non-paid searches) tends to sell well through AdWords.

On the error message, I'm sorry I can't identify this.  Can you tell us what the error message actually is?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Showing ads right now?
No

• This keyword is triggering other ads with a similar keyword: "word 1 word 2'

So the 2 words I have word 1 and word 2 are additional key words to what I have in another ad group

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

The problem here may be with match types. If you're using Broad match for all of your keywords, you're going to get this kind of overlap. (It can also happen with Phrase match keywords.)  What this means is that the other keyword has been "selected" by the system as the one that's most appropriate for matching to searches. Either there's low/no search volume on this phrase or your bid isn't high enough to allow it to compete in the marketplace or something.

What you can do is to use Ad Group level negative keywords to prevent the keywords in the first Ad Group from being matched to searches you want served by the keywords in the second Ad Group. Add the keywords from the second Ad Group (again, being careful about match types) to the first Ad Group so that the ads there aren't eligible to serve those searches. That should allow the ads in the second Ad Group to be triggered.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*