AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign does not start ads.

Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

Hi, I had stopped my ad campaign a month ago, by setting price of 0 USD per day. Have now decided to continue and so I set the price per day value but none of the key words are working. Is there sometime that has to pass before the ad will kick in or am I doing something wrong?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Campaign does not start ads.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, Welcome to the Community

Even if by changing the daily budget your Ads star serving right away, reporting has a small delay.

You can use the Ad Preview Tool to check if your Search ads are running.

This is the page about Data Freshness : link

And this is about How to Find your Ad with the Ad Preview Tool : link

You also need a positive balance ( money in your account) to run the Ads and the keywords and Ads have to be in an Approved status.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi, Welcome to the AdWords CommunitySmiley Happy

If you have resume your campaigns by increasing the campaign's budget. will not always give the results.As AdWords works on the campaigns history basis, so if you pause the campaigns for long period, it loose the history.

However i would suggests that (if you have a search campaign)

Go to the keyword level and mouse over the bubble in the status column. It will give why are you not getting impression.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Not applicable
# 4
Not applicable
Hi, Rakesh,

When I find the key words in that campaign, they have green buble. In the status culumn, it says "Is the ad displayed? No. Quality Ad: <and there is some number>".

My campaign was stopped for 1 month, max - 2 months.

Also, the balance is positive (money in the account).

I am running out of ideas Smiley Happy

Not applicable
# 5
Not applicable
Adrian,

Thank you for your advices. But:

1. The updated budges (from 0 to X USD) has been done about 17 hours ago. So Data freshness is not relevant, as I see it.
2. Ad Preview Tool, I also know how it should look. Its just that its not active/showing. When I find the key words in that campaign, they have green buble. In the status culumn, it says "Is the ad displayed? No. Quality Ad: <and there is some number/10>".
3. Account balance is the first thing I checked before changing the budget of the campaign. So its also good.

Any more ideas? Smiley Happy

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

1) Yes, since QS is low, how low is it for that particular keyword ?

2)Maybe in the meantime many competitors have arrived and now you have to increase the bid to appear on the "first page". What is your MaxCPC compared to the columns "Estimated first page bid" and "Top of page bid" ?

3)Have you changed anything in the Campaign , like location targeting, bid adjustments for mobile or anything that could block it ? For example a long negative keyword list could block a campaign.

4)Are there any active Ads in that Ad Group ? ( not paused and Approved)

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi,

Yes Adrian is right your Quality score might reduce. Also check whether you were running CPA campaigns, as CPA campaigns unable to pick the pace. CPA Bidding works on the last 30 days conversion basis.

Or if you have the CPC based campaigns you need to increase the bid.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Not applicable
# 8
Not applicable
1. Quality is 8/10. Is that considered to be low?
2. Competitors have always been busy Smiley Happy So nothing new here. So just for my personal reasons I put th campaign on hold for those 2 months. Now I want to be back on track and am getting worried.
3. Did not change anything, just the overall budget per day. From 0 to X USD.
4. There is one more campaign, for different country, but it is currently pauzed.

Maximum CPA (if it means something like Maximum pay per click)is less then the overall day budget. And its set to automatic.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

This must be it, the CPA algorithm needs recent conversions data to work, since it has no data from the last 30-60 days it cannot work, it cannot make predictions for MaxCPC.

Try switching back to Enhanced CPC or manual bidding for a while to test.

The QS of 8/10 is very good.