AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign call extension scheduling

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up Campaign call extension scheduling to only show the phone number during business hours (9-5) but, the phone number is showing after hours. I only have one phone number. Has anyone else had this problem?Campaign call extension scheduling.JPG

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jodi N
September 2015

Re: Campaign call extension scheduling

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Hi Jodi N,
The next time you see your ad showing with the call extension after 5pm, I would advise you do the following:

•  Take a screen shot of your screen (including the time)
  • Get the link address of this particular ad by right clicking on the headline of the ad and selecting "Copy Link Address" (when you select "paste" it will give you a really long tracking URL).
  • Get in touch with the AdWords team (Australian local number: 1800-287-850) and explain the situation.

The Community team does not have access to your AdWords account, and this is the best course of action for this specific account issue.

Kathleen

View solution in original post

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Jodi N,
The first thing I would check is that your settings are all the same (as above) for any and all campaigns. Do you have any other AdWords accounts these could be coming from?

The other thing to note is that the times that these are set are for the time zone of the account - and if you are located in a different time zone then it might seem off.
You can check your time zone by clicking the cog in the top right hand corner and going into Preferences.

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Kathleen,

I only have one account. The time zone is also ok in the call extension settings (set to Australia,Brisbane).

My account settings are the same: (Time zone (GMT+10:00) Eastern Time - Brisbane )

I click "All online campaigns" in the left column then the "Ad extensions" tab.
Then I select "View: Call extensions" form the combo menu below the tabs.
I'm then presented with a list of all my "campaign call extensions".
They all use the same "Phone number" (I only set one).
In the "edit campaign call extension" window there is only one option (the phone number i set up).
If I edit the phone number I get an alert that says "editing this extension updates all campaigns using it".
the settings for the phone number are still the same (9- 5) as the above screen grab.

I used to have an account manager in Australia I could call but I think that service might not exist for small business anymore.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jodi N
September 2015

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Hi Jodi N,
The next time you see your ad showing with the call extension after 5pm, I would advise you do the following:

•  Take a screen shot of your screen (including the time)
  • Get the link address of this particular ad by right clicking on the headline of the ad and selecting "Copy Link Address" (when you select "paste" it will give you a really long tracking URL).
  • Get in touch with the AdWords team (Australian local number: 1800-287-850) and explain the situation.

The Community team does not have access to your AdWords account, and this is the best course of action for this specific account issue.

Kathleen