AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign budget $20 and daily budget $1.42 but total cost is $546!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just as the title says. On YouTube I went to promote my video and I set the max campaign budget to $20 and the daily budget was $1.42, how did it get to $546!?!?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Campaign budget $20 and daily budget $1.42 but total cost is $546!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

I believe you are referring to Adwords Video Campaign here.

I am not sure what you mean by campaign budget and the daily budget here? Did you mean to say that you set the daily budget to $20 and your daily spend was $1.42?

Did you check the Billing Tab of your account for campaign specific details as where did the Adwords deducted your money?

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I wish I could add pictures. When you are in video manager on your YouTube channel, you can click an arrow on a video then promote it and then you set a budget. There is a daily budget or campaign budget. I picked campaign budget and set it as $20. In the AdWords tab, it says the daily budget is $1.42. In the campaign statistics, the cost (at the bottom beside avg. cpv and website clicks) says the total cost is $546.94 in just 3 days.
In the billing tab, it isn't on there yet but I'm scared that it will be.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I think the total cost in Adwords is referring to the cost including all the campaigns in addition to your video campaigns. That means if you are running other Adwords campaigns as well (like search campaigns, display campaigns), you are seeing the total cost pertaining to everything you are advertising. That's my understanding.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
All I have is that one video campaign

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Can you share a screenshot with respect to this removing any personal identifiable info?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I don't know how to share a screenshot