AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign and Ad group sitelink prioritization

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Will sitelinks on Campaign level ever show if there are Ad group level sitelinks? If they are, is there any known prioritization algorithm? 

E.g. I have several campaigns with +10 ad groups in each with individual sitelinks that I want to keep, though now I want to add 1 sitelinks to all campaigns, can I do that easily on the campaign levels so that it will be mixed in and displayed along with the Ad group level sitelinks?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Campaign and Ad group sitelink prioritization

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I don't know for sure, but the way that it is laid out, I would bet that it will show either ad group or campaign level, but not both at the same time. My reasoning is that at the campaign level you want general sitelinks and at the ad group level you will have more targeted sitelinks. If you tell Google that you have specific ad group links, it signals to Google that you know exactly what you want to display, so the set of ad group links would trump campaign level, not augment.

That said, I would throw it on the campaign level, give it a few days and see what really happens.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
The ad group level site links override the campaign level
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

So you are sure the campaign site links wont show if there are ad group level site links set up?

I think that should be changed since there is a clear need for specifying site links and apply campaign wide site links easily.