AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign Manager Broken - This campaign and its contents cannot be modified in AdWords.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Very frustrated.  I have multiple issues, Please read and respond:

For starters: I have read all the tutorials and help guides.

My campaign is directly editable in the Adwords Campaign Manager and the campaign manager is even giving me notifications on how to improve my campaign by editing it under the "Settings" tab.  The tutorials and help files tell me exactly how to do this.

I am receiving impressions so I do know the campaign is live.  No adjustments to the campaign will properly save, not even pausing or let alone cancelling the campaign.

This campaign was built in adwords, NOT places or adwords express.

I have also logged into express and places just to clarify that the campaign is NOT directly editable in either of those two online tools.

I tried calling the 1800 customer care line.  They want me to enter the extension of my dedicated account rep.  I don't have one but I sure would like one!  I am prompted to enter my account number and press pound.  I do, result: automatically hung up on by google.  I tried 7 times, same result: auto hang up from google's tech support line.  I try calling back in, the only other option is to go to a new account rep.  I do this, express my problem.  He will ONLY help me set up a new account, will not help me receive an account rep.  So how do you receive an account rep?  Doesn't seem to be a way.  It's like building a shopping mall in the middle of the city and forgetting to put any entrance doors on it.

The google support will only help 'new' accounts.. but I am not considered a new account, even though I just recently created mine.  The support person, brushes me off again.  So I call the Adwords support again and guess random extensions to try to get to an account rep.  They would be glad to help me right?  They probably get my commission on my half a million dollar budget.  All extensions go back to the exact same peson who brushed me off twice now.  The new account guy.  So google's main focus is opening accoutns but they could care less what you do with them 10 seconds after creating one.  That is a bad business model.. They should want to help you once you create your account so they can assist you in giving them money!  Thats a whole other issue tho.

Google online adwords chat->  Closed down.  Abandoned

Google tech support for adwords over phone-> Abandoned

Not impressed

The new account receptionist refers me to the online forums.. Genius.. The professionals who work for the company don't care to take the time to help you, but they'll let their other customers assist you for free.

So back to my issue.. What good are editing campaign capabilities if they do not work.. Especially when the system is recommending me to make changes.  I will say this, when creating my campaign, it didn't even prompt me for all of the options, so its not like I faulted when first creating.. It defaulted some settings that are mandatory to tweak to prove good results. 

I advertize through Yahoo and its very cut and dry simple and easy.  Unless this can get fixed, I'm just going to throw more money at something that proves to work instead of this.

I finish with this:  The internet is flooded with these issues and none of them have resolutions so I have no faith.  Only pseudo answers like, you must edit your campaign in Places, and you're doing it wrong, refer to the help guide are available.  Please do not respond with those, I have read them, and they do not resolve my issues.

Thank you for taking the time

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Campaign Manager Broken - This campaign and its contents cannot be modified in AdWords.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi N-Mathews,

>> My campaign is directly editable in the Adwords Campaign Manager ... I am receiving impressions so I do know the campaign is live.  No adjustments to the campaign will properly save, not even pausing or let alone cancelling the campaign. <<

I'm very much sorry you have been frustrated by the answers you've received. I think I can see your point and my understanding is it should be an account specific issue. I am going to escalate on it right now.

Please kindly stay tuned. Chances are a Google technical employee would visit this thread some time next week and tell you how to proceed.

Best,

Lakatos

Re: Campaign Manager Broken - This campaign and its contents cannot be modified in AdWords.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Could it that you have read only access to the account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No I have administrator access.  I created the account and am the one who input biling information.

Campaign is just hopeless.  I was able to create a new one just fine, I can edit this one no problem.

I am just giving up.  I received contact from Google customer support with all the same info I requested they don't bother sending me; tutorials.

They obviously didn't read my entire post.

I'm just excited to have a working campaign.  I figure I'll just leave the other one to sit there.  It wasn't doing much anyways and I don't expect it will.  It would be nice if I could remvoe it however

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I do want to thank you for replying David. It's nice to see someone put forth some effort.

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 6
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi N-Mathews,

I've escalated your case to the Support team. Somebody will reach out to you shortly. If not, please, alert me by replying to this thread. 

Thanks,

Zee
G+