AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign/Lifetime budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Instead of a daily budget, is it possible to set a campaign/lifetime budget for my Adwords campaign?

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Campaign/Lifetime budget

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

Campaign budget is based on a daily budget or "shared budget"

Please note that you will never be charged more the daily budget multiplied by 30.4 days. (Average number of days per months.)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi there,

Thanks for your reply! My campaigns don't run for a month, they are pretty time-specific so I run into the problem of not being able to properly control my budget for each campaign (which could run for between 1 to 2 weeks) if the only option for me is to set a daily budget limit. Also, it doesn't help that the reported stats are not in real-time and can be pretty delayed. Unlike Facebook advertising, I get to set an overall campaign budget, in addition to start and end dates and times. Smiley Sad

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Alexis, in fact you can very well control the spending budget using daily budget. Or, as mentioned by @ MosheTLV using shared budget.
Take for example that you have budget of 100$ and that your campaigns will go for 7 days = 100/7 = 14.3 $ daily budget.
If you want to be sure that your campaign end on a specific date (or start on specific date) please look here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404203

But, of course, you always have to monitor your campaign daily and watch how is she (campaign) spending daily budget.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello Alexis,

If I think other way round, you might select pre pay mode of payment and include the funds initially and your ads will typically run till the time funds are not exhausted and once the funds are used up, your ads will automatically stop and you will get an email alert that ads are not running as budget has exhausted.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3122375?hl=en

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm also trying to find a Campaign budget and not a daily budget. A few years ago I remember using this and since I am back online again I cannot find it. I looked and cannot find this in any obvious location.

Most businesses run on a project overall budget. The daily is merely a subset of the costing process.

How do I setup my campaign so that once the overall campaign fund limit is reached that it stops?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 7
Top Contributor Alumni

While a campaign/lifetime budget is not a feature offered by AdWords, what you can do is to set up an automated rule that checks the overall spending for a campaign and pauses it when a certain spending threshold is reached. It's not going to be 100% perfect. Automated rules can only be run once a day, so a small budget overrun (depending on your daily spending cap) is possible.

For example, if a new campaign hadn't reached the threshold by the time the rule ran at 2:00 this morning, ads would be allowed to serve as normal all day today. Tomorrow morning, when the rule runs again, the campaign is seen to be at or over the limit and the rule pauses it then. 

Or, if your talents lie in that direction, you could write an automated script that would do much the same thing.

The key, as you already know, is that AdWords data is not available on a real-time basis. Because the data has to be collected from multiple servers and go through processing before it's posted to an account, the data we see for "today" is usually only part of the picture, especially when you're advertising on Search Partner websites or on the Display network.(It takes about 48 hours for the DN data to get back to AdWords, be processed, and get posted.) On the other hand, if you're advertising only on Google, that data is available much more quickly.

Or, if you know that you want a campaign to run for a week, or run for two weeks, you can set an "end" date (on the Campaign Settings tab) to stop ad serving on a specific date.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Theresa for your assistance I will try setting date parameter's and a rule.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Although there is no specific campaign lifetime budget, depending on your account, if you get invoiced by Google, usually at the MCC level, you can define budgets for periods and not have to worry about overspend.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It will be helpful if you can have this feature up soon.