AdWords
6.5K members online now
6.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign Keeps Unpausing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have read on another post that there is slow data today. I would like to add to the issue.

I paused a campaign at about 9am. I went back to check some other campaigns about an hour later and noticed the campaign I paused was no longer paused. So I thought I must have gone mad and so I paused it again - even refreshed the page a couple of times to make sure. Just checked again and its set back to live!

Never has this before - is there a general issue with the Adwords and Analytics network today and if so, is someone on it?

Thanks Smiley Happy

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Campaign Keeps Unpausing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Andre, welcome to the Community.

I'm not aware of any issues today, and I've not seen any other posts on this topic, which in itself is largely proof that it's not a widespread problem.  Can you describe exactly what's happening?

1.  You log into your AdWords Account

2.  You click on the Campaigns tab and your list of Campaigns is visible.

3.  You click on the small green circle icon next to the Campaign you want to pause and choose "Paused" from the drop-down.

4.  The green button turns into the double-line "paused" icon.

What happens next?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Andre,

Do you have any automation rules active that could be un-pausing your campaigns? Is there another admin in the account un-pausing the campaign?

Just a couple thoughts.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Andre,

Some of my clients today on contacting adwords team found out that they were having some server problems.

You can diagnose whats going on in your account by checking "View Change History". There you can find more information regarding this pause-unpause mystery.

Hope this helps!

Ujjwal