AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign Experiments - AdWords & GA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Just wondering if we set up experiments via analytics does that mean that the traffic being sent to the site via paid channels is also part of the experiment or is it better to set them up separately in AdWords?

TIA

Lisa

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lisa W
April 2016

Re: Campaign Experiments - AdWords & GA

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Lisa W;

Correct;

Analytics experiments test variations on the content  on the landing page, while AdWords experiments test variation of the campaign (AB testing is no longer part of AdfWords experiments) 

Once you set a GA experiments, all sources of traffic are included.  However, as usual, if AdWords and Analytics are linked, you'll get a break down of all sources of traffic, and  you could see if audiences coming from AdWords interact / engage differently on variation page compared with  the original.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Lisa,

Adwords Experiments are totally different.

Please go through the link for detailed Explanation:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2385204?hl=en-GB

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply Archit but this doesn't answer my question really as it is talking about campaign experiments in AdWords with no reference (that I can see) about GA.

I need to know if content experiments in Google Analytics apply directly to the ads in Google AdWords or if a separate experiment should be set up within AdWords.

Surely if content experiments are 'experimenting' with traffic to the site then paid traffic is part of that - or is it excluded due to the fact experiments can be run standalone in AdWords? That is my understanding but I wanted clarification before I go ahead and set them up.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lisa W
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Lisa W;

Correct;

Analytics experiments test variations on the content  on the landing page, while AdWords experiments test variation of the campaign (AB testing is no longer part of AdfWords experiments) 

Once you set a GA experiments, all sources of traffic are included.  However, as usual, if AdWords and Analytics are linked, you'll get a break down of all sources of traffic, and  you could see if audiences coming from AdWords interact / engage differently on variation page compared with  the original.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Moshe,

You know when you just need someone to confirm the same as you are thinking!!