AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Calls counted as Conversions/Acquisitions (Leads/Sales)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My company values calls over leads - but currently I am unsure how to utilize CPA to generate calls.  It seems like I should be able to - all of the data is available to Google; calls are counted if the campaign allows Google to use a forwarding number under Call Details, and conversions can be labeled as a call.  Can anyone point me in the direct of utilizing CPA to generate more calls?

If this is not yet possible, how would I suggest this to Google?  I know I am not the only business more interested in calls over leads.  I would like to assign a value to each call; for instance a lead is worth $1.50, a call is worth $15.00, and a sale is worth $150.00.  Then Google can use whatever algorithm it uses to spend my allotted budget to get the most conversions of any type.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Calls counted as Conversions/Acquisitions (Leads/Sales)

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

I can see how you'd want calls rolled into the Analytics data, but I can see even more problems with trying to do it. Not all calls are "good" ones--some are misdials, some are bargain hunters who ask about pricing, then hang up, some are current customers looking for support, and some are--yes--actual inquiries. 

I guess the AdWords folks could ask the Analytics folks to roll all calls of 60+ seconds into the data mix--the 60+ second length is a sort of "benchmark" most folks use to identify a "good" call.

I don't favor the idea. Sales is a different issue--no one outside the company is going to know when the advertiser closed the sale and when they didn't. Because I can't track what happens on the phone, I'd rather not have any "fuzzy" call data populating my data-driven Analytics metrics.

If you really want to track phone activity--and if its that valuable to your company I absolutely think you should--then you'll either need to build a software program designed for that--or there are third-party systems you might want to look into that allow you to set up that kind of tracking. (If your company is small, then a simple, shared spreadsheet might be enough.) You can then track calls to whatever level of detail you need, by having your phone staff enter the data into the system when the phone rings.

The data will still be separate from Analytics but since this is a significantly different lead stream, it makes sense to use a different data-tracking method, right?

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Can someone help this new member on our Community? 

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Joe,

I would recommend you to create a separate campaign for click to call, you may want to make WAP and Normal adds for different type of traffic, in add extension you make a new extension of the same number, "forwarding number" (if the option allow you because of the region you are advertising). you got to bid max here to get into top listings, usually i recommend to leave traffic to broad if the goal is generating leads. Once you have enough conversions data in your campaign, you can use CPA optimizer and bid more on the valuable keywords, depends on your industry.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

I can see how you'd want calls rolled into the Analytics data, but I can see even more problems with trying to do it. Not all calls are "good" ones--some are misdials, some are bargain hunters who ask about pricing, then hang up, some are current customers looking for support, and some are--yes--actual inquiries. 

I guess the AdWords folks could ask the Analytics folks to roll all calls of 60+ seconds into the data mix--the 60+ second length is a sort of "benchmark" most folks use to identify a "good" call.

I don't favor the idea. Sales is a different issue--no one outside the company is going to know when the advertiser closed the sale and when they didn't. Because I can't track what happens on the phone, I'd rather not have any "fuzzy" call data populating my data-driven Analytics metrics.

If you really want to track phone activity--and if its that valuable to your company I absolutely think you should--then you'll either need to build a software program designed for that--or there are third-party systems you might want to look into that allow you to set up that kind of tracking. (If your company is small, then a simple, shared spreadsheet might be enough.) You can then track calls to whatever level of detail you need, by having your phone staff enter the data into the system when the phone rings.

The data will still be separate from Analytics but since this is a significantly different lead stream, it makes sense to use a different data-tracking method, right?

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*