AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Callouts Display Order

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a question regarding callouts display order.

Does Google stick to the order you add the callouts or can the change?

Re: Callouts Display Order

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello PPC G,

I noticed it can change the order , especially if I added more than 4 Callouts at the ad group level.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So if I stick to just 3 callouts it would be safe to say that the order would not change?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I can't find such a guarantee in the documentation.

I would test the ad with some search terms in the ad preview , but I bet they rotate Callouts even if you use only 3.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you I'll run a small test and see what happens. Will get back with any results I get.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey PPCG,

I think its better to put as many callouts as possible because the system would try to find (automatically) the best combination for each keyword (by CTR).

From the Help Center:

You'll need to create a minimum of two callouts per account, campaign, or ad group for your ad to be eligible to show with callouts. However, we recommend that you create the maximum number available of four per level to ensure as many callouts as possible are available to show with your ad. The order of your callouts, their length, and how they perform factor into how many callouts appear, and whether a callout will show for your ad.

Good Luck,

Asaf

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

About this quote, I don't know why they say the maximum is "four per level" because the maximum I added was 20 per level ( ad group or campaign) . When attempting to add Callout no 21 this message pops up :

up-to-20-callouts-per-level.png