AdWords
6.6K members online now
6.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Callout extension at campaign level, editing applies to ALL campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have multiple campaigns (targeting different countries, i.e. using different languages). I created the campaigns by copy-pasting the first campaign and then modifying the location/language settings. In the first campaign I had callout extensions at campaign level which were copied into the new campaigns. Now I want to edit the callout extensions to adjust the text for each country/campaign but each change I make is automatically applied to all campaigns. I have double checked and the callout extensions are not at account level but at campaign level. 

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your support!

Cristina

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cristina A
September 2016

Re: Callout extension at campaign level, editing applies to ALL campaigns

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Cristina,

Callout extension is available at account, campaign as well as ad groups level.

After creating the Ad extensions, you can apply them at any level available for that particular extension. But if you will edit any, the changes will be applied to all the campaigns/ad groups.

To use new extension other than the already used, you need to create the new one and then apply it at the desired level.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cristina A
September 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Cristina,

Callout extension is available at account, campaign as well as ad groups level.

After creating the Ad extensions, you can apply them at any level available for that particular extension. But if you will edit any, the changes will be applied to all the campaigns/ad groups.

To use new extension other than the already used, you need to create the new one and then apply it at the desired level.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot Archit! Just figured it out!