AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Call-only Campaigns Hangout on Air

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Hi AdWords Community,

We're excited for this one!

Join Sean Quadlin, Marketing Manager and Chris Vennard Product Expert on a special Hangout on Air on the new Call-only Campaigns! Sean and Chris will review this new format, go over best practices and answer some of the top questions on this topic.

We'll be broadcasting live at 9am PST / 5pm GMT on Wednesday April 15th so make sure to RSVP, and submit your questions on Call-only Campaigns as comments below!

RSVP here today!

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Call-only Campaigns Hangout on Air

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
https://plus.google.com/events/cug3dt0psu9m4l1qpqopcktrk3c for Google + or gmail users to add to calendar

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
I'd like to know if call only ads can show on desktops/tablets (any device that doesn't support calling), as I see impressions when I 'segment by device'. Any info on this would be great.
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Making bulk changes to hundreds of ads within AdWords is just too time consuming, I'd like to know when we'll be able to edit call-only ads within the AdWords Editor.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Call Only Campaign really gives us a positive feedback in Google AdWords. but there are many we need to find out by which we can more and more increase our knowledge to get more effective results by using Call only Campaigns.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Call Only ads can now be created in Adwords Editor 11.1.2 version. But Call Only Campaigns are still not supported. When, through Adwords Editor, would we be able to create Call Only Campaigns?

Regards,
Ashish

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee
Editor can create Search Only - All Features campaigns. You can do anything in such a campaign that you can in a Call Only campaign.

The only thing different about Call Only campaigns is that some features are hidden in the online interface (but not in Editor) for such campaigns, compared to All Features ones - presumably to help the advertiser concentrate on features that are relevant. It's purely a UI aid - it has no effect whatsoever on how campaigns actually serve.

If you find the limitations that the online interface UI imposes on call-only campaigns helpful, you can switch an All Features campaign to Call Only one at any time. In the interface, select the campaign, go to Settings tab, click Edit next to Type, and select Call-only radio button. Again, this change makes no difference in Editor, nor in how the campaign is served; it only restricts the features available in the online interface for this campaign.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you AdwordsEng-Igor for the explanation, it makes sense.

Regards,
Ashish

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sumanth,

Do you have ay idea if extensions like callouts and structured snippets with call only campaigns?
Highlighted

Call-only Campaigns Hangout on Air

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

He is married hope you know that