AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Call extensions

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I have noticed that the phone number is appearing different of which I have given as my call extension. However; the call goes to my number only. Is this some kind of Google tracking?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gokuldas K
September 2015

Re: Call extensions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
When you add the call extension (anfd this does depend upon the country you are in) Google can add a Google forwarding number. Basically, the call goes to Google and they forward it to your number.

They do this so that they can then give you extra information on which keyword/ad combinations are triggering the phone calls - which, if a lot of your traffic is by phone, is gold....

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gokuldas K
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
When you add the call extension (anfd this does depend upon the country you are in) Google can add a Google forwarding number. Basically, the call goes to Google and they forward it to your number.

They do this so that they can then give you extra information on which keyword/ad combinations are triggering the phone calls - which, if a lot of your traffic is by phone, is gold....

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Okay Thank you for the clarification.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Gokuldas,
Check your Contact no. Google does not provide any tracking information for call details.
You can Google Forwarding Number.but Call extensions with Google forwarding phone numbers are only available to customers in the U.S., U.K.,France, and Germany.
Google analytics does not given any feature tracking your call extension.