AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Call extensions - does it show my number on desktop

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If i have an ad with a call extension, does it show my number or a number from google when the ad is shown on a desktop? I.e. if I type in that my click-to-call number is 07777777 will it show that number, or 020434324 from google which then sends the caller to my number?

Thanks!

Andre

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Call extensions - does it show my number on desktop

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Andre, it depends upon the setting you choose when creating the Call Extension.  If you choose to use a Google Forwarding Number, the number shown will be one generated by Google.  If you choose to display your own number, it will be the number you enter.

More about Call Extensions

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: Call extensions - does it show my number on desktop

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

In addition to Jon's excellent advice, I would like to address the question in your Subject, about when the call extension shows up on desktop or not.

1) Location related rule : If you're in the U.S., U.K., France, or Germany, you can use call extensions with Google forwarding phone numbers. Outside these countries, only your normal number can show up, as explained here : link

2) Network targeting related rule  : If you create a call extension for a Display Network Only campaign, the number will not show on desktops as explained here : link  ( scroll to Additional call extensions settings and features )

"  You can use call extensions for campaigns targeting the Display Network. Here are a few things to keep in mind:

• Call extensions targeting the Display Network will only show on high-end mobile phones, not on desktops, laptops, or tablets.These extensions do not support the use of Google forwarding numbers or the tracking of calls as conversions.  "

3) However if you choose the Search campaign , the call extension (selected phone number) will show up with normal text ads in any Ad positon ( unlike sitelinks which show up only in the top 3 Ad positions).

4) The call extensions showing up with the Ad on desktops also depend on scheduling, for example if you can take calls only 4 hours per day you can choose to display the phone number only in that time-frame.