AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Call extensions: change of Google forwarding number

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had set up new campaigns for my site HOLT Cranes and one of the features I really like is the Call extensions. but the problem I am encountering right now is when I check my ads on Google Search by typing "Houston Cranes" my ads were showing but the phone number is not a Google forwarding number assign which is supposed to be right? but instead it is showing my original phone number. this is the site http://holtcrane.com/.

Any help or answer will be very much appreciated.

Below is a screenshot of sample result.

Thanks

JEVAN1.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jevan D
September 2015

Re: Call extensions: change of Google forwarding number

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jevan D,

Have you set call forwarding number? If you set up normal call extension, your original number will be shown. You need to set up forwarding number to be able to show it.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454052

EDIT: If you have setup everything correctly, there may be instances when forwarding number does not show up. Please go through the link provided above. One of the most common reasons is -

Ads with low traffic: Google forwarding numbers may not show with desktop ads if your ad group isn’t getting a minimum number of clicks in a four-week period. Your business phone number will be shown in that case. (There’s no minimum requirement for ads on high-end mobile devices.)

Hope it helps.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Re: Call extensions: change of Google forwarding number

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Any idea what a "minimum number of clicks" would be? And is it based on the ad, or the ad group?