AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Call extension receives clicks but not getting phone calls

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have received like 10-15 clicks in the call extension included in a newly started Google Search campaign. But unfortunately i haven't received a single call to my number used in that ad.

When i checked Segment>Device : Most of those clicks were from mobile devices.

When i checked Segment>Click type : 11 clicks are on "Headline", 1 click on "Sitelink", and O clicks on "Mobile click to call"

What exactly does these mean? What might be the reason i am not getting calls?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jithin C
September 2015

Re: Call extension receives clicks but not getting phone calls

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
The reporting for this and for other extensions is confusing...

Basically, what you re being told here is that your ad was clicked on 10-15 times when the call extension appeared on the ad. But this does not mean that the user called the number of used the click to call function on a mobile.

This is why, for example, if you have 4 sitelink extensions and your ad appears with all four extensions, say, 10 times and gets one click on the headline - all four sitelink extensions will show a 10% click through rate even though there was not a single click on any of the sitelinks.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jithin,

Can you clarify are you referring to Call only campaign here?

If yes, then please note when you segment the data by click type for the campaigns, you will see Mobile Click to call data along with phone calls if you have enabled Google forwarding number. Also, if some user clicks on that ad format, then usually the phone dialler comes up and then if the user initiate the call, it will be considered as a call, otherwise you will only see Mobile click to calls.

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jithin C
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
The reporting for this and for other extensions is confusing...

Basically, what you re being told here is that your ad was clicked on 10-15 times when the call extension appeared on the ad. But this does not mean that the user called the number of used the click to call function on a mobile.

This is why, for example, if you have 4 sitelink extensions and your ad appears with all four extensions, say, 10 times and gets one click on the headline - all four sitelink extensions will show a 10% click through rate even though there was not a single click on any of the sitelinks.