AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Call and Location extension not showing up

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I setup a campaign ad which I finally got it to show up... added the call and location extensions but they don't show up.... what's missing?

Thks

New and learning as quick as I can... Smiley Happy

Re: Call and Location extension not showing up

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

what is avg position on your ad copy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thks for your reply, this is what shows up, I'm running campaign 2....  but shouldn't the ad extensions show as part of the ad regardless of position?

CampaignBudgetStatusClicksImpr.CTRAvg. CPCCostAvg. Pos.Labels
  Total - all but deleted campaigns  1616.67%$1.34$1.348.7 
  Total - Search  102274.41%$0.18$1.842.6 
  Total - Display Network  01380.00%$0.00$0.002.3 
  Total - all campaigns$10.00/day 103652.74%$0.18$1.842.5 

$10.00/day
Eligible1616.67%$1.34$1.348.7--
Show rows: 103050100200500 
1 - 1 of 1

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Tecus,

The reason behind you can't see your location extension and call extension are:

Location Extension: Google show the location extension in ads when user search for keywords which have location term or people are near the physical address that you targeted. If your ads meet these two criteria then there are chances Google can show location extension in ads text.

In order to show Call extension in ads text, your ad group should get minimum no. of thershold clicks, i think it's minimum of 30 clicks in four week time period.

Kinldy read the Why parts of my ads are not showing and Tips and best practices for location extension artilces to understand how location and call extension work and how you can get the maximum benefits from them.

Hope this will help.

Dinesh
My Blog

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thks Dinesh.... I reviewed the "Why parts of my ads are not showing"  according to the article the extensions should show in the Preview,  I am previewing per city and also tried zip code.. how do I know that the ad extensions are enabled?.. they show when I select the Ad extension tab.......  anyway I just created a new campaign for a different service just about all things equal... and that campaign ad shows the extension ads... phone and location in the preview....  I'm sure I'm missing something in the first ad?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks everyone.... I changed the location to a google places account email and that did it.....(had a different one that I guess needed to be approved)....

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

If the listing is already verified, then it is good to go!Smiley Tongue

More Power,
Loraine