AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Call & Locaion Extension together!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi

Its a known fact that we can add phone number with the local business address in a location extension for users nearby the business to view the necessary info.

Now suppose there is a business owner having multiple restro chains all over the country for which he is using multiple location extensions with associated phone numbers within them. He also has a main business phone number which he plans to publish as a "call extension" in collaboration with the already active "location extension".

Here,when I am talking about call extension I don't mean the number within the ad text but as a separate extension. Obviously,this call extension would not be displayed on "desktop and laptop devices" (its not a google forwarding number), so I am taking the scenario of a mobile search.

In this scenario what all information would a user searching for the local restro of the chain see in the ad?(considering the ad is eligible to be triggered)

Also if a user in lets suppose LA searches for the restro with the location in his search query( "restro in new york" considering that the advertiser has a location ext for his restro in NY),what would he view in the ad?

In which scario would the user view the phone number in the "call extension"?

I have my views on it but would like to know what you guys have in your mind!

Best

Mudit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mudit
September 2015

Re: Call & Locaion Extension together!

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Nothing at all is certain in this case, or ever really, when it comes to who sees what when. Smiley Happy 

"In this scenario what all information would a user searching for the local restro of the chain see in the ad?"

I think I have only seen two ad extensions for a mobile ad. Call and extension and directions/location extension. One sitelink and a call extension. Two sitelinks, etc., etc. SO, I would say if the call extension, and the location extension are the most important extensions, maybe don't add sitelinks as well. There's just less real estate on the mobile page...

"Also if a user in lets suppose LA searches for the restro with the location in his search query( "restro in new york" considering that the advertiser has a location ext for his restro in NY),what would he view in the ad?"

That's interesting... In Portland, Or.> Searching for a Miami term> Miami targeted campaign> I see both a call extension and a location extension for our client. Who knows if you would see the same thing or not, but I think it's interesting I see a location Ext. from the west coast.

"In which scario would the user view the phone number in the "call extension"?"

Assuming the call extension number is not that of the location extension, for mobile devices, I only see "Get Directions" as the location extension. The call extension I see is the google voice number, not the local number associated with the places account/location extension.

I don't think you can ever get it all "perfect" everytime. In my past experiences, the more precise you try to be, the fewer impressions you will be determined to be eligible for, based on location targeting. Even when an ad shows, there's no guarantee that the "right" combination of ad, and ad extensions is going to show.

Tom

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mudit
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Nothing at all is certain in this case, or ever really, when it comes to who sees what when. Smiley Happy 

"In this scenario what all information would a user searching for the local restro of the chain see in the ad?"

I think I have only seen two ad extensions for a mobile ad. Call and extension and directions/location extension. One sitelink and a call extension. Two sitelinks, etc., etc. SO, I would say if the call extension, and the location extension are the most important extensions, maybe don't add sitelinks as well. There's just less real estate on the mobile page...

"Also if a user in lets suppose LA searches for the restro with the location in his search query( "restro in new york" considering that the advertiser has a location ext for his restro in NY),what would he view in the ad?"

That's interesting... In Portland, Or.> Searching for a Miami term> Miami targeted campaign> I see both a call extension and a location extension for our client. Who knows if you would see the same thing or not, but I think it's interesting I see a location Ext. from the west coast.

"In which scario would the user view the phone number in the "call extension"?"

Assuming the call extension number is not that of the location extension, for mobile devices, I only see "Get Directions" as the location extension. The call extension I see is the google voice number, not the local number associated with the places account/location extension.

I don't think you can ever get it all "perfect" everytime. In my past experiences, the more precise you try to be, the fewer impressions you will be determined to be eligible for, based on location targeting. Even when an ad shows, there's no guarantee that the "right" combination of ad, and ad extensions is going to show.

Tom

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Thomas

Ya, at most 2 ad extensions are visible with a mobile ad at a time,then be it 2 site links,1 call-1 loction extension and so on. My major emphasis was that which "phone number" would be visible in case I have a call extension active and also a location extension (with a phone number different from the call extenion phone number integrated in it).

I guess when you have both of them active its the location extensions/directions + call extension (phone number) combo which dominates. The local phone number associated with the location extension is not visible!

Thanks

Mudit