AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Call Extensions Forwarding Issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Community!

I am using Adwords Call Extensions feature and it was working fine.

I used a Toll Free Number in call extensions and opted for Google forwarding Phone number to use call reporting.

A week back, I changed the Toll Free number in call extensions, hoping moving forward calls will land on the new number. Unfortunately, 40% of my calls are still landing on the old Toll Free number.

I have made the changes in campaign as well as ad group call extensions. So, the old Toll Free number is not present any where in my campaigns.

Can some one tell me why am I getting calls on old number? How long does it take for Google to update the new number in their system?

Any help appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Call Extensions Forwarding Issue

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi there,

Are you saying you've changed the phone number in call extensions (continuing to use Google Forwarding Number) and still getting calls (about 40%) on the old number?

Phone numbers might show up from My Business as well. Have you checked if your number is updated there?

Another reason could be the old number being available on the website? Have you checked that?

Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply..

My website contains a different phone number and same is the case with My Business as well.

The phone number that I changed was only being used in call extension.

My concern is that does adwords takes time to make changes in their system because if it is done instantly then I should not get any calls on the old number.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
When a user lands on your website, it is possible for him/her to call the old number. Same goes with My Business too, as your old phone number might show along with your ads. I'd suggest having a uniform number, to avoid calls to the old number.

Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar