AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Call Extensions: Actual TollFree V/s Google Forwarding number

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

I started using Call extensions few days ago and I am using my toll free number instead of google's number. My number is being displayed over the Search networks ( around the half of actual impression) But it is not displaying when I change the type from Search Networks to  Search & Display Networks - All features. 

Am I doing something wrong. Also , When I go to Call Extension, there are two options. One is upgraded and second is not upgraded. Can anyone give more details about them and I want to know what is better to use in ads ( my original number or google forwarding number) ?

Any reply will be highly appreciated.

Yogen

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yogen
September 2015

Re: Call Extensions: Actual TollFree V/s Google Forwarding number

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Yogen !

about your question : "Also , When I go to Call Extension, there are two options. One is upgraded and second is not upgraded.Can anyone give more details about them........"

Here is the help page that has an answer :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453991

How to add legacy call extensions

Here's how to set up call extensions for all ads in one of your campaigns:

1. Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
  2. Select the campaign for which you'd like to add call extensions.
  3. Go to the Ad extensions tab. If you can't see this tab, read how to enable the tab.
  4. In the upper corner, select the Call extensions view from the drop-down menu.
  5. If you have enhanced campaigns, you'll see a drop-down menu next to the view selector with two options: "Not upgraded" and "Upgraded." To create a legacy call extension, select Not upgraded. (To create an upgraded call extension, see the section below.)
  6. Click New extension.
  7. In certain countries, you'll have additional options: can choose which type of phone number you'll use for your call extension: a Google forwarding phone number or your own business phone number.
  8. Choose whether you'd like your ad to include both your phone number and your website, or just your phone number.
  9. Enter your business phone number and the country where the number is based. You can come back to this section at any time to edit your phone number information.
  10. Click Save.

All legacy campaigns will be automatically converted to enhanced campaigns in a few months.

As to why you phone is not showing although you selected enhanced search + display , I can't tell , but I would try to fix it by creating 2 separate campaigns , one for search that you said is already working and one for display.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Yogen;

"Call extensions targeting the Display Network will only show on high-end mobile phones, not on desktops, laptops, or tablets.These extensions do not support the use of Google forwarding numbers or the tracking of calls as conversions."

Does that answer your question?

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453991?hl=en&topic=1713912&path=1713910-1713909&ctx=leftn...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Yogen !

about your question : "Also , When I go to Call Extension, there are two options. One is upgraded and second is not upgraded.Can anyone give more details about them........"

Here is the help page that has an answer :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453991

How to add legacy call extensions

Here's how to set up call extensions for all ads in one of your campaigns:

1. Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
  2. Select the campaign for which you'd like to add call extensions.
  3. Go to the Ad extensions tab. If you can't see this tab, read how to enable the tab.
  4. In the upper corner, select the Call extensions view from the drop-down menu.
  5. If you have enhanced campaigns, you'll see a drop-down menu next to the view selector with two options: "Not upgraded" and "Upgraded." To create a legacy call extension, select Not upgraded. (To create an upgraded call extension, see the section below.)
  6. Click New extension.
  7. In certain countries, you'll have additional options: can choose which type of phone number you'll use for your call extension: a Google forwarding phone number or your own business phone number.
  8. Choose whether you'd like your ad to include both your phone number and your website, or just your phone number.
  9. Enter your business phone number and the country where the number is based. You can come back to this section at any time to edit your phone number information.
  10. Click Save.

All legacy campaigns will be automatically converted to enhanced campaigns in a few months.

As to why you phone is not showing although you selected enhanced search + display , I can't tell , but I would try to fix it by creating 2 separate campaigns , one for search that you said is already working and one for display.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks for your reply.

According to one of the google employee from India legacy campaigns are going to be converted to Enhanced campaign in  June

I checked with Google adword employee "Peter P" through chat and he told me that call extension will not display Call Extension number on display networks which is very unfortunate.

Yogen

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Yogen,

I have a display campaign in Romania ( Europe) and I have an active "Ad extension" Menu which allows me to set a phone number. I think if that would be the case, such an option would not be active.

Let's use some common sense  : Also in the help page that I sent you, there is a clear text about this 

"

Note

You can use upgraded call extensions for campaigns targeting the Display Network. Here are a few things to keep in mind:

• Call extensions targeting the Display Network will only show on high-end mobile phones, not on desktops, laptops, or tablets.These extensions do not support the use of Google forwarding numbers or the tracking of calls as conversions.
  • On the Display Network, call extensions can be set to show as clickable numbers or links, as well as the call-only format."

If you phone extension cannot be used due to some different rules in your country, you can always create a graphic Display Ad with the help of this tool

http://www.google.com/ads/displaynetwork/build-your-ads/display-ad-builder.html

I hope we will learn a lot from each other along the way.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Yogen;

"Call extensions targeting the Display Network will only show on high-end mobile phones, not on desktops, laptops, or tablets.These extensions do not support the use of Google forwarding numbers or the tracking of calls as conversions."

Does that answer your question?

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453991?hl=en&topic=1713912&path=1713910-1713909&ctx=leftn...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you MosheTLV .

You and Adrian B answered my question. 

Regards,

Yogen