AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Call Extension

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Everyone, 

I'm not sure if this has ever been asked before. How does Google select which of your call extension will show if you have three? I also have three location extension with the same telephone numbers I'm using in my extensions, will Google show a conflicting Call extension?

Will Google pay attention to the telephone number being used as a call extension and correlate it and show in tandem with the most relevant location extension. 

I'm not sure how else to word this question but I'm not able to find anything in the help center. 

Help me Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Fernando P
September 2015

Re: Call Extension

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi

I'm bit confused. How can you have 3 separate physical location with same number? In location extension google will try to match the location name with your campaign to show the correct place. However I've experienced in most of the big accounts that these location extensions get mixed up most of the times.

What we have done is we used filters to show the relevant one. Can u use same way in here to show the relevant number and the location?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
There are actually three different Call extensions and they match the numbers being used in the location extensions. My hope is Google will realize which is which. From all I'm reading, Google will use the telephone number in the location extension and show a Click to call button as well as the location information.

I think I got this one figured out Smiley Happy

Thank you, Nisal!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi

I'm bit confused. How can you have 3 separate physical location with same number? In location extension google will try to match the location name with your campaign to show the correct place. However I've experienced in most of the big accounts that these location extensions get mixed up most of the times.

What we have done is we used filters to show the relevant one. Can u use same way in here to show the relevant number and the location?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
There are actually three different Call extensions and they match the numbers being used in the location extensions. My hope is Google will realize which is which. From all I'm reading, Google will use the telephone number in the location extension and show a Click to call button as well as the location information.

I think I got this one figured out Smiley Happy

Thank you, Nisal!