AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Call Conversion - Website Calls: Testing?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey there,

we have implemented this on our (german) website www.abholteam.de but it doesn't seem to work. According to the Tag Assistant the tags on the page and when I scan the source code everything seems to be in place correctly. I am using the snippet that I got after selecting "Enter your phone number as it appears on your website".

I have just clicked on an ad but the number didn't change. I believe I read somewhere how you can verify with the javascript console if the setup is technically correct. We've built the website with Weebly but I don't think there is a problem with that.

Any help with that is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Jochen

1 Expert replyverified_user

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Jochen,

Thanks for posting to the Community. It sounds like you're doing everything properly. And the Tag Assistant isn't throwing off any errors for your set-up? Can you confirm that there is only one phone number on the page that you're trying to replace?

Also, this is a very small thing, but if you've done repeated tests-- Have you made sure to delete the gwcm cookie, as mentioned in the Help Center article?

Cassie

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Cassie,

thanks for your reply. It must have been the cookie (which was actually named gwcc for me) because I got it to work now. The replacing even works with both (identical) numbers - the one in the header and the one in the footer.

Cheers,

Jochen