AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Call Conversion - Website Calls: Testing?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey there,

we have implemented this on our (german) website www.abholteam.de but it doesn't seem to work. According to the Tag Assistant the tags on the page and when I scan the source code everything seems to be in place correctly. I am using the snippet that I got after selecting "Enter your phone number as it appears on your website".

I have just clicked on an ad but the number didn't change. I believe I read somewhere how you can verify with the javascript console if the setup is technically correct. We've built the website with Weebly but I don't think there is a problem with that.

Any help with that is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Jochen

1 Expert replyverified_user

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Jochen,

Thanks for posting to the Community. It sounds like you're doing everything properly. And the Tag Assistant isn't throwing off any errors for your set-up? Can you confirm that there is only one phone number on the page that you're trying to replace?

Also, this is a very small thing, but if you've done repeated tests-- Have you made sure to delete the gwcm cookie, as mentioned in the Help Center article?

Cassie

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Cassie,

thanks for your reply. It must have been the cookie (which was actually named gwcc for me) because I got it to work now. The replacing even works with both (identical) numbers - the one in the header and the one in the footer.

Cheers,

Jochen