AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Call Button

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello AdWords PPL,

• I want to use my ads also on phone and I want to have a phone extension as a button (call me) but number. More in image. Where are this settings?
  • If someone calls me I dont wanna pay for it now. In future, if its possible I would pay for it. Is it possible to choose between pay and no pay for customers call?

Thank you

Find me at Google+ l LinkedIn

CallButton.png

- Lukas
2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lukas Melichar
September 2015

Re: Call Button

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Lukas,

Welcome to the adwords CommunitySmiley Happy

If you want to add the Call extension in your mobile device campaigns.

Go to the Ad Extension tab and select the Call Extension button.

Add your business phone number on Clicking the button(+New Phone number).

Then a box will appear. where you need to select your country and add your phone number.

• If someone calls me I dont wanna pay for it now. In future, if its possible I would pay for it. Is it possible to choose between pay and no pay for customers call?

there is no such features available to choose between Pay and no pay for customers call.

Please follow the below link for more info:-

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453991?hl=en

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Lukas,

To further add to what has been said above, I would like to say that what you are referring to as per the screenshot above, you want simple call extension without Google forwarding number. Because if I am not mistaken, the first screen looks like the advertiser might be using Google forwarding number and that's why the number is separately displaying in addition to the regular ad text.

In second screen, it's only call button and no number getting displayed. So it's a regular call extension which you can create following method mentioned above. In that case you will be charged for a standard ad click. There is no as such plan to choose between pay or no pay currently. (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454052?hl=en)

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like to assist here too with a few ideas . Besides the high-end mobile, you can create a WAP ad as described here , with the option to call straight from the Ad as explained here : link

Because there is low competition for WAP ads, I have found that avg. cpc. for these are cheap.

"You don't need to have a mobile website to run mobile ads. Instead, let customers call you straight from your ad. When creating your WAP mobile ad, just select "Connect customers to my business telephone number so that people can click to call" and a "Call" link will appear in your ad."

There is also a helpful tip here about making sure that wherever they put the finger on the small Ad on the smartphone screen, clients are sent to the call option not to the browser , this can increase your calls : link  ,  

"You can choose to drive calls only (and not your ad headline, for example) when your ad shows on mobile devices. Select Just the phone number next to "Show the following links." However, when your ad appears on other devices, you may still receive headline clicks from devices like desktops, laptops, tablets, or iPod Touches, which can't place phone calls."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi there,

I have one question related to the ADD call buttons: how can I assess the cost of people tapping on the button BEFORE setting-up a campaign?
I have stats from Google Business... but then I would need to have a budget idea....

Thanks very much in advance for your feedback,

Kind regards,

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi, @Christophe R

This 2013 thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question. 

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.
Pinging --- @Buzzb
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’