AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

CTR of (deactivated) Display Network distorting Average

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Even though i disabled the display network in the campaign, it is still showing the miserable CTR of display network and therefore distorting my wonderful average CTR in search network.

what to do? what to do?

by the way. i am eternally greatful for this very active and extremely helpful bunch of lads and ladies in this community.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author floshkit
September 2015

Re: CTR of (deactivated) Display Network distorting Average

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi florian,

It is not really affecting your QS or anything else, just the number that you see in the reports. CTR on the display network does not affect the QS on the search network in any way. Your keywords actually have a different QS on the DN, but that QS is never shown to you.

Yes, it is inconvenient that DN and SN stats are all summarized together for a campaign, but that's about all it is, inconvenient. This is one of the reasons why I always recommend running DN and SN campaigns separately. So, set your date range to date after when you disabled the DN in your campaign and take a look. You should not be seeing what you are reporting here.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

display network disabled: CTR still showing

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

CTR Rate of display network is still showing inside the campaign even though i disabled the display network alltogether.

now my beautiful overall CTR is distorted and greatly pulled down by miserable CTR of display network eventhough disabled a long time ago,.

fix?

thanks for all your time and help.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hiya,

Above the tbales you should see a "segment" button where you can sekect "newtork" or "network (with search partners)" which will splitt your CTR.

Does that help?

Cheers!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

no, not exactly.

i am looking at the "total" line underneath all ad-groups.

the average CTR includes the line that says: "display network". 

but i am not even showing the ads in the display network anymore. 

i did once. at the very beginngin.

but results have been dismal, so i switched the display network off alltogether.

yet, the CTR (dismal) for display network gets calculated into the stats anyway. even though its not relevant anymore. my beautiful average of >3 for the search network gets pulled down quite a bit.

also in reports to clients that line doesnt make too good of an impression.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi,

Are you by chance looking at a report that included a period of time where the display network was indeed active?  The data doesn't disappear once you turn off a specific network, it is just no longer gathering new data.

If you look at today or yesterday (ideally a period where GDN was off) do you still see data?

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author floshkit
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi florian,

It is not really affecting your QS or anything else, just the number that you see in the reports. CTR on the display network does not affect the QS on the search network in any way. Your keywords actually have a different QS on the DN, but that QS is never shown to you.

Yes, it is inconvenient that DN and SN stats are all summarized together for a campaign, but that's about all it is, inconvenient. This is one of the reasons why I always recommend running DN and SN campaigns separately. So, set your date range to date after when you disabled the DN in your campaign and take a look. You should not be seeing what you are reporting here.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
and once again: thank you.