AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

CTR % fraude

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Lately I get very high bills from Google and looking into CTR% I see % from countries like Pakistan, Armenia, Tunesia, Mercedonia, Nepal, Iraq with rates of 3 till almost 10%. 

I'm selling antique maps and I have NEVER sold my products in the 35 year that I'm active to any of these countries.

Usually I do not get higher CTR% rates of 1% so something is wrong here.

As all these clicks are comming from Google partners I can not see the websites who actually are creating these false clicks and high invoices.

Can anyone help me.

I think I'm robbed and Google is only taking advantage of this.

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: CTR % fraude

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Good morning.

I suggest that you check your Campaign Settings page, to make sure you have your ads set to show only in the geographic areas you want.

This spring, Google made some changes to those options and it may be that the selections now active on your campaign are not the ones that work best for you.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Mercatorhondius,

There is nothing built into AdWords that will provide the data for search partners.  I did however find this article that outlines a way to set up a profile to track this data using Google Analytics. 

You also always have the option to opt-out from Search Partners at any time if you are unhappy with the results by editing your Network Settings.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Good morning.

I suggest that you check your Campaign Settings page, to make sure you have your ads set to show only in the geographic areas you want.

This spring, Google made some changes to those options and it may be that the selections now active on your campaign are not the ones that work best for you.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for quick responce; and yes I have now discluded these countries. Point remains that I can not find the sites which generate these fraude clicks.!!!

Did I miss something when I say that Google does not supply site info of there so called "partner sites"

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Mercatorhondius,

There is nothing built into AdWords that will provide the data for search partners.  I did however find this article that outlines a way to set up a profile to track this data using Google Analytics. 

You also always have the option to opt-out from Search Partners at any time if you are unhappy with the results by editing your Network Settings.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, I have switched off the "partnes settings" and blocked countries like Iran, Pakistan, etc. However I still have the idea that Google is allowing this type of missuse to gain money !!