AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

CTA overlays for mobile

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

My question is about CTA overlays for mobile Trueview Ads     

m.youtube.com

In the following support page https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/3165455?hl=en-GB

It identifies that CTA overlays on m.youtube.com are not supported across all devices.

What is the factor that determines if the CTA overlay will run on a mobile device or will not?

youtube – APP (mobile)

Does the Youtube APP support the CTA overlays ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: CTA overlays for mobile

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Jeremy,

IMO, your question looks more inclined towards YouTube and there is a dedicated YouTube forum for that. This is the link: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/youtube

I would suggest you to re-post this question over there for more insights.

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you Pankaj for your reply - I have posted the same question there, but I feel that its community will not be the right forum since my question is mostly about ad supported features and where they can show up - And the Youtube forum is more focused upon the the video play and the channels management on Youtube. My question is more focused upon how adwords / Trueview manages the delivery of ads and use of features coming from its ad server platform - that just so happen to land on Youtube (Mobile) targets.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Jeremy,

I feel that if the help center says that CTA overlay is not fully supported by m.youtube.com across all devices, then probably their Team would be focussing on refining and making sure that it does become compatible in the coming time. Of course they wouldn't be disclosing how the internal technology currently works and that might be confidential.

That's my perspective!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Pankaj - Thank you for your reply.

However my question is not really about internal programs within Google working towards such goals, but as I say in the question rather what is it that actually determines one device will not be supported i.e Version of o/S, settings and specific configs adapted by manufacturer on Hardware (or version of Android or IOS or both) etc etc - There are hundreds of possibilities hence no point guessing that they will solve since I know from working directly on such platforms for Vodafone, T-Mobile and other operators around the world for mobile web that the question is not 100% comparability on everything, but rather what is the aprox percentage and what determines the percentage gap.

Then there is also the question of CTA's on the Youtube app - as I am not seeing them, but that does not mean that they are not supported - There is no information from Google to show any indication either way.