AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

CPV Bidding

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

Can I run a banner Ad i.e video overlay banner Ad on CPV bidding?

Or cost per view bidding is only for video ads. Please advice.

Regards,

Gokul

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gokuldas K
September 2015

Re: CPV Bidding

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Cpv is for played Videos. Read more from here :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2382888?hl=en

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you Adrian.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Gokuldas,

As Andrian mentioned CPV (cost per view) is the formula that is calculating cost we need to pay for a single view. Since Google video advertising has been providing three ad formats In-Stream, In-search and In- display it is very difficult to measure cost per click (CPC), that's why Google has been introduced CPV, this means if a user has been watched a videos ad more than 30 seconds it will be added to calculating CPV.

So through the CPV only we can calculate video cost. Hope you understand.

Thanks!

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Dejeesh

About "this means if a user has been watched a videos ad more than 30 seconds it will be added to calculating CPV."

This applies only to the In-Stream format and the view can be counted even if the Video Ad is shorter than 30 seconds and the user reaches the end of the video ,or at 30 seconds when the Video Ad is longer and the user sees at least 30 seconds from it.

For the In-Display format ( which now includes the In-Search) you pay for a view as soon as the Video Ad is selected to play , from second 1.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Exactly Adrian, thanks for the clarification!