AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

CPM bids for Video ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When creating a video ads i can use CPC, CPM or CPA bids. I understand how CPC and CPA bid and Google will charge me when user click or having more action after click the video ads, but i am not sure how CPM works on video ads? when Google charge me? Does the impression means when the search result show my opening image of my video? 
Thanks. 

Re: CPM bids for Video ads

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Yu-Fen Y,

Welcome to adwords community,

Please confirm me If I am wrong.

You can run your video ads in Three Format.

1.Reach viewers with cost-per-view bidding

If you're focused on reaching viewers with video content using cost-per-view (CPV) bidding, we suggest you select TrueView video formats and use AdWords for video. With the CPV bidding model of TrueView, you only pay when a viewer chooses to watch your video, instead of every time your ad is shown.

2.Use a mix of formats, cost-per-click (CPC), or cost-per-thousand impressions (CPM) bidding.

If you're focused on other AdWords video formats, CPC, or CPM bidding for your video campaigns, you should create standard display ad campaigns and build your ads with the display ad builder. You should also use the display ad builder if you want to use video and non-video ad formats in the same campaign.

Hope it helps you.

Re: CPM bids for Video ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
etting Your Price

Cost-per-click (CPC)

When do you pay? Only when someone clicks on your ad

Why choose it? CPC is perfect if your goal is to get more traffic to your website. You pay only when someone clicks your ad to visit your site. Set your own bids or choose automatic CPC bidding, where you let Google technology find you the most clicks possible within your budget.

Cost-per-thousand impressions (CPM)

When do you pay? Each time your ad appears

Why choose it? If you want your ad to be seen as often as possible by your target audience, and don't care so much about clicks, CPM is a great choice. You bid per one thousand views, so a CPM of $10.00 means you pay one cent each time your ad is displayed ($.01 x 1,000 = $10.00).

Cost-per-acquisition (CPA)

When do you pay? When your ad leads to a sale or conversion on your website

Why choose it? If your end goal is sales, email sign-ups, or other online transactions, CPA may be for you. Set a target CPA -- the amount you want to pay for each conversion -- and the Conversion Optimizer takes care of the rest, putting your ads in the auctions most likely to lead to conversions.

Find out more about Display Ad bid types