AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

CPE bidding strategy

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

hello, 

In light box ads we use CPE bidding method, but in the reporting section It shows Avg. CPC. then how to calculate CPE?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nikita K
September 2015

Re: CPE bidding strategy

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Nikita,

You are charged on the basis of each Engagement, but when a users click on your ads and land to the destination Url, adwords counts it as click.
thus the coulmn of avg cpc is just a calculation of you Avg CPC.

please follow the below link for more info:-

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6156146

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Nikita,

In AdWords reporting you won't get details of whether someone hover over your ad etc...which are engagement specific details. So basically the Engagements are reported as clicks and other metrics which you see like CTR, Avg. CPC etc.. Based on the Average CPC, you will have to adjust the Max. CPC if you are willing to pay for some keywords or domains. It's the type of campaign which is different (i.e. Engagement campaign) which gives you advantage to create Engagement ads, but the other parts of AdWords reporting (as of now) would remain the same.

I hope this helps!

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Ok that means Still the Engagements columns are not included in adwords reporting...
In coming days with engagements metrics we will get more details about engagement ads....
But for now it shows the cost in CPC right?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes Pankaj, Agree with you but we can have details about % of Engagement in "Free Clicks" section under Dimensions. This i came to know from here: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Tracking-Reporting/Measuring-Results-of-Engagement-Ads/td-p/...

And as Rakesh Kumar Said, soon we will get all the details with new column as "Engagements” Smiley Happy
Thank you so much for your reply...