AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

CPC wide variation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I cannot understand the wide variation in CPC cost  as illustrated in the screen shot of my campaign below.

This is an image ad on Mobile. Please help me grasp the issue. Thanks. Jeff

screen capture of adwords account

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: CPC wide variation

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Could be that very few advertisers are using ads with 168*28 format, thus competition low, which is reflected in prices.

If you have may keywords in that ad group, it could also be a keyword issue.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Both ads have a similar number of impression 8k for one and 9k for the other. That's why I wonder.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

You might also want to check the websites where these ads have appeared by looking at your placements tab. The competition for spots on different websites is going to be very different. It may be that one ad is appearing on one type of site more regularly. 

Also, there are differing levels of inventory on display network sites, so it may be that the size of one of your ads allows it to be shown in a more prominent place on the display network site, which may result in more clicks. 

Hope that helps a little.

A.