AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

CPC when clicked from own PC

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

When I click on my advert on my own PC, do I still get charged? This may be required if i want to check efficacy of the ad campaign.

Darshan

3 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: CPC when clicked from own PC

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Yes, if you click your ad, you will get charged , but if you click more than one click , it will recorded as invalid click and you will not get charged, but don't do that

The best way to view and analyze your ads on search network is to use ad preview and diagnosis tool, you can search for your ad just it like would be on regular Google search results page without accruing any impressions:
https://adwords.google.com/d/AdPreview/

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Darshan,

If you click on your own advert from anywhere, you are definitely going to get charged. Hence Google never recommends that you should ever do that. Also, trying to search your own ad on Google is again going to create an impact on other metrics like impressions, CTR etc...

Rather, you can use the Ad Preview Tool to see how your ad looks in the real time on Google Search.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704363

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Yes, if you click your ad, you will get charged , but if you click more than one click , it will recorded as invalid click and you will not get charged, but don't do that

The best way to view and analyze your ads on search network is to use ad preview and diagnosis tool, you can search for your ad just it like would be on regular Google search results page without accruing any impressions:
https://adwords.google.com/d/AdPreview/

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Darshan,

If you click on your own advert from anywhere, you are definitely going to get charged. Hence Google never recommends that you should ever do that. Also, trying to search your own ad on Google is again going to create an impact on other metrics like impressions, CTR etc...

Rather, you can use the Ad Preview Tool to see how your ad looks in the real time on Google Search.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704363

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Just a side note in addition to the complete answer already given:

Once clicked within 30 mins (a standard session in Adwords) you probably will not be charged. However, if you click again on your ad, from  the same IP, after 30 mis ( in a new session - very common among users clicking on an ad again, after visiting the site) - you will be charged.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
This 2014 thread has been closed to new replies.

If anyone has a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question or comment.

This will help other forum members to both see and understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

Thanks!