AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

CPA campaign setup from AdWords Editor

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello all,

Right now I am restructuring an adwords account. 

The current campaigns that need restructuring are based on CPA bidding, not CPC. When I set up the new campaign in the AdWords interface I can select create a new campaign based on exsisting campaigns settings- then everything in the new campaign is correct I get CPA bidding strategy.

But if I try to create a new campaign from the Editor, I cant select CPA strategy, but only CPC or CPM.

This confusion (maybe I do something wrong) slows my restructuring process because:

before I start with the multiple uploads (adgroups, keywords, adtext, which i have previously prepared in excel)  I try to setup the campaign manually in order to select budget and bid strategy. I create a campaign from adwords interface -> download recent changes to the editor--> make multiple changes (adgroups, keywords, adtext) --> post changes.

But why cant I do the campaign CPA setup properly from the Editor and then fill it up with the multiple changes feature?

Do you know what I do wrong? Appreciate all the help and thank you in advance!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zlatomira K
November 2015

Re: CPA campaign setup from AdWords Editor

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Zlatomira,

Also, it appears that creating a CO campaign from within editor is not supported.

https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/94242?hl=en

"The following actions aren't supported in AdWords Editor and require signing in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com:

Create a new Conversion Optimizer campaign.
Set up conversion tracking (required for Conversion Optimizer)."

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Zlatomira,

Have you campaigns recorded conversions so far.
If not then you can not choose CPA bid from adwords account also.

Though you can use enhanced CPC from adwords or adwords editor.

You'll need to meet the following requirements to begin using Conversion Optimizer:

• Your campaign uses AdWords Conversion Tracking or cross-account conversion tracking, or is importing data from Google Analytics.
  • The campaign should usually receive at least 15 conversions in the last 30 days. This conversion history enables the system to make accurate predictions about your future conversion rate. So, the more data we have, the more accurate we can be. In some cases, you may be able to use Conversion Optimizer without campaign history if you already have conversion data elsewhere in your account.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zlatomira K
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Zlatomira,

Also, it appears that creating a CO campaign from within editor is not supported.

https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/94242?hl=en

"The following actions aren't supported in AdWords Editor and require signing in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com:

Create a new Conversion Optimizer campaign.
Set up conversion tracking (required for Conversion Optimizer)."

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’