AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Business listing showing in wrong location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm not sure how this works as I'm new to Adwords and not having a good experience, my Adwords listing is showing for all over the UK when it should only be showing for a 6 mile radius from Luton Bedfordshire ?
I spoke to an advisor who talked me through everything earlier and was told everything was saved and showing ok, but its not & I'm really annoyed as my budget is being eaten up by customers all around the country
Can anyone on here help me pleas, I prefer to speak to some one on the phone but the lines are now closed until Monday !

Marc
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business listing showing in wrong location

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Marc,

Thank you for your posting. My first suggestion is if your concerned about your current budget being used up, you may want to pause your current campaign ASAP. Secondly,  it sounds like you are using Location Based Radius Targeting. Radius targeting (also known as proximity targeting or "Target a radius") allows you to choose to show your ads to customers within a certain distance from your business, rather than choosing individual cities, regions, or countries. It sounds like this is what your Adwords advisor tried to set up. Please use the link above to verify your settings. If you also see an additional setting showing all of the UK, you can easily remove it. Once you've verified your campaign is working with the targeted location, you can resume it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your help
I have been back on my listing the way the advisors showed me and have double checked what they told me to do , the targeted areas show as I wanted 6mile only , the advanced targeted audience ? Still showed correct as the advisor asked me to dot selection choice , so I saved again? And logged out
I have taken photos of all the locations around the UK from Scotland to Cornwall for yesterday & today , I think I will try pause the campaign as I'm not confident or any good with computers or Adwords etc

Thank you
Marc

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi again
I have just been on Adwords again but now can't pause my account ? I'm really confused , I'm using an I Pad I get the listing showing with the checkbox at the left hand side but it won't except a dot or tick
I then go onto edit & tap on pause , I then receive a message showing I have not selected any row ? Even though I have tried and it won't allow
The tick or dot ?
It should be as easy as , tick ,edit, pause ?

Marc

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi Marc,

Have you tried making the changes on a different browser? Or computer? Try following these steps:

1. When you are in the Ad Groups tab of your Campaign settings (i.e. Quality bouncy castle hire campaign), click the box next to the ad you want to pause.

2. If the ad is showing enabled, click on the pull down menu right next to the green dot.

3. You should have the option to "Enable" "Pause" or "Delete".

4. Choose Pause, which should immediately pause that ad.

Please let me know if this informations helped you pause your campaign.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi
Thank you for providing this information, unfortunatly I don't think it will now make a lot of difference to my campaign as I've now worked out that bigger companies than my little business are using their skills & money to keep my business out of the picture, I'm on google auto bidding & I don't really understand really how it all works , I pressumed you pay for advertising & you get shown ! Not pushed out because someone with more money can bid higher than you !I seem to be only showiing at times I don't want folk looking for my Advert or so I believe, I used to search for my business showing but now don't bother as have read it can effect my listing ? Its very difficult for me as I have enough on my hands with my business , I don't think I have time to master the Adwords system to only pay more on bidding to be shown , my phone is dead so my adwords to me doesn't seem to work and how will it if I'm pushed out by other businesses with more advertising capital & experience ? I obviously got it wrong how I thought Adwords can help my business grow and will let the funds exhaust and NOT renew
I'm not playing no game of who has the most funds & experience wins ! I'm an honest hard working low paid guy who's trying to get on in life and adwords isn't doing me any help or favours and just taking my hard earned money.

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Hi Marc,

Understandably, using Adwords or any PPC can be a challenge for the first time Advertiser. If I may make a suggestion, you may want to consult with a local Adwords agency in your area. You can also reach out to our Top Contributors in your area. John Gritton, also goes by "Cobnut" in our community forum, works out of the UK. You can find his contact info under our Resource menu and Professional Help with Adwords section. I hope this information is helpful.