AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Bulk uploading Final URL changes - says 0 changes

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I'm trying to make changes to my final URLs. I downloaded an excel file of all my ads, then changed each one so that they were in line with the URLs I want them to go to (we have relaunched our website, so have new URLs). I then uploaded this new file, and the system is telling me there are no changes. I clicked to upload and make changes, and nothing I have done to the URLs has taken effect on any of my ads.

Help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Joss

Re: Bulk uploading Final URL changes - says 0 changes

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Jocelyn,

May be a silly question, but just wanted to make sure; did the upload file have all the appropriate column headers?

Thank you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Alexander - and it's not a silly question at all. I kept all headers etc exactly as they were and just changed the URLs. I was wondering if perhaps URL changes would not be able to be don in this way? It's a shame if not, as going through them all one by one on the adwords system would take hours.
Thanks,
Joss

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
For anyone else trying to do this, I have resolved with this in Adwords chat with a very helpful Google support person. I simply needed to add the word Add in the Action column at the beginning of each line.
Thanks,
Joss