AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Bulk upload of image ads

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,

because of destination URLs very much populated, it takes me ages to upload banners in the accounts.

What is the quickest way to do that? I mean, uploading the same set in all the existing campaigns and keeping all the different URLs per campaigns (sometimes per ad groups...).

Is it clear what I mean?

Thanks for helping!

Re: Bulk upload of image ads

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Floriana

When it comes to bulk uploads it is always easiest to use the AdWords Editor, so I would recommend you looking into this. Should be able to fulfill your needs. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry for not mentioning earlier, but I sure use the Editor all the time!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Floriana,

I had this issue uploading 4000 individual image ads with individual tracking codes. It can be done but you have to do a little bit of setting up 1st.

Basically you need a spreadsheet set up for the upload. So all the usual  ones Ad Group, Display,Image File Name etc.

Have all you images in the same folder

The next step is to go to Adwords Editor and import 1 image this will give you the exact location of the image it will look something like this C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\images.jpg. Then all you have to do is replace "images" with the names of your images and populate the URL in the cells that specify Image File Name in your spreadsheet. 

Then upload the spreadsheet. 

All the images should upload with the individual URL's 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Is this still supported? I tried to upload a report adding a new column called "Image File Name" and got nothing. Likely doing it wrong, but I have about 500 ads to upload and this is going to be cumbersome if it has to go 1-by-1.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I believe that the functionality is still valid. Are you uploading all the required data for the images as well as the Image File Name? If you do not have all the required fields then the upload will fail.

The minimum you will need is Image File Name, Image Size, Display URL,Destination URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Is there anywhere to find a template of this spreadsheet? I tried doing the "Editable" export and added my new ads - that didn't work. I know I am close to figuring this out (he says hopefully)

Thanks, Jay

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭