AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Bulk edit App install ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way to bulk edit app install ads in Adwords or Adwords editor? The ads are shown as a standard text ad in Adwords but Adwords editor views them as display ads. When I have tried to find and replace copy in Adwords I get a message saying that this is not possible.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Bulk edit App install ads

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Peter,

Thanks for posting! The AdWords Editor Help Center article explains that: you can download app promotion ads and copy them to other campaigns in the same account. To create an app promotion ad, sign in to AdWords. 

So it should be possible to move them around your account in AdWords Editor. However, the article leads me to believe that you need to sign into AdWords to create new app ads or make edits to existing app ads. 

Like you, I just tried the bulk edit option in my own AdWords account, but unfortunately it didn't work for my app ads either. It seems to only be compatible with standard text ads at the moment. 

Has anyone in the Community every come across this before? Any suggestions for Peter? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Rachel

I have been in contact with my Google account manager and he said that this is an issue which the team at Google also have (not being able to bulk edit these types of ads) and they are hoping that a solution will be in place for the next Adwords update.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Thanks for letting me know! Let's hope it becomes possible in the next update.