AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Bulk ad groups for individual product for eCommerce website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have some 20k products listed on my e-eCommerce website.

So my first question is do i have to make an ad group for each of the products separately so that when a person searches for my product he gets the link in the ad and is directed to the 'product specific' page? And if at all it is possible then how feasible it is to do the same?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Bulk ad groups for individual product for eCommerce website

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

@Anuj A wrote:

I have some 20k products listed on my e-eCommerce website.

So my first question is do i have to make an ad group for each of the products separately so that when a person searches for my product he gets the link in the ad and is directed to the 'product specific' page? And if at all it is possible then how feasible it is to do the same?

Anuj,

To answer you question specifically, YES,  each ad group contains the Ad with  the respective landing pages, so in that case  An ad for Blue Widgets, landing to the Blue Widgets URL would be contained in an Adgroup with Keyword related to Blue Widgets.

However for a Ecommerce website, as long as it meets all Google policies and guidelines, I would think a Google Shopping Feed created though a Google Merchant Center and linked to an Adwords account would be your best options based on the Amount of products you listed.

Once the feed is uploaded, approved, and Linked to Adword account, the management is easier then attempting 20K Individual adgroups

here is the get started information for Google Shopping

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3455481?hl=en

Re: Bulk ad groups for individual product for eCommerce website

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Anuj,

I agree with Eric on this. You should go for the Shopping Campaign option, as it will give you a lot visibility and the conversion rates for a shopping campaign can be better than your Search campaigns.

Other than this, I would suggest you also run a Search campaign targeting the categories of the products you sell on the website. You can use the category products page as a landing page to give the user options to choose from and also at the same time keep up the relevance of your ads and keywords.

Some people may also suggest running each product in a separate adgroup with relevant adcopies and keywords, while this is the most ideal way of running an E commerce account, it can be a bit troublesome to build out and manage.

In any case, you should weigh your options here and continue with the one that you think would be most helpful.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"