AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Bulk Upload of Locations & Radii with API? Also 1KM is Max Granularity?

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 1
Rising Star

I've never used the API, and am not a programmer.  

Any quick reference to how to do that with API?  

I see the help that talks about registering etc. but I mostly just want to upload locations/radii. 

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Also, 1KM radius is the smallest/ most granular targeting we can do, ya? 

Please note that it is counter to our  Community Guidelines to seek paid assistance outside of the Community itself. Thanks for your understanding.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Colin Donohue
April 2016

Re: Bulk Upload of Locations

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Check with our colleagues at the API help forum;
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/adwords-api
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Re: Bulk Upload of Locations & Radii with API? Also 1KM is Max Granularity?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
Simple answer: My recommendation: unless you are a programmer and knows how to code - do not work with an API.
You can upload bulk locations using the AdWords editor, which does not require programming skills.
Read more:
https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/30573?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
You indicated in an earlier post that would not work.

Has something changed?

The recommendation was for bulk radius uploading to use API as other
options do not work.

Happy to hear if that has changed.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Colin Donohue

My answer was about using the API, in general,,
Specifically,  about Geo targeting a radius of 1 km:  indeed this is too small radius to target, unless you target only mobile phones with GPS active.
I, personally, do not recommend that small charging radius.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your concern, but there is a specific reason for undertaking what I am.

It's not really what I was hoping to discuss here, and not something I was seeking advice on.

My question was pertaining to resources (either informational or human) on use of API for this purpose. Useful resources on this topic would be welcome. Otherwise I'll just have my guy figure it out from scratch.

Thanks
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Colin Donohue
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Check with our colleagues at the API help forum;
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/adwords-api

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
OK. It seemed a little "deep" over there for this question. If that's the place to go I'll sort it.

Thanks.

We'll see how my little experiment goes. I may have to go with the other option.

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
The best solution was to run a script to upload one-by-one, but in an automated manner.

Seems to have worked fine. I'd recommend this solution.