AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Bug on Adwords Editor 12.0.4 - Left Column with Adgroups don't refreshes after Replace Text use

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

i am using Adwords Editor 12.0.4 and i have noticed a bug that makes things difficult on big changes on an account. 

When i copy and paste an Adgroup (or more) and then use Replace Text feature to rename it, the job is done but on the left column with the Adgroups it doesn't change the name. After that if i go and change the adgroup name manualy, the left column list refreshes normaly.

On the screenshot below i took the 2 Adgroups with Mykonos and copy pasted them. After i used Replace Text to change Mykonos to Santorini. The adgroups names changed on the right, but on the left remained Mykonos. Then i renamed manualy the "Crucero Santorini Islas Griegas" and the name changed on the left too...

adwords editor bug.jpg

I have disconnected and connected my account, i have restarted Adwords Editor multiple times, as the pc too but i am getting the same issue again and again. 

Any suggestions?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Digiticed g
July 2017

Bug on Adwords Editor 12.0.4 - Left Column with Adgroups don't refreshes after Replace Text use

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Yes, looks very much like a bug. I was able to reproduce. We will look into this, should be able to fix it for the next release. Thank you for your report.

Meanwhile, once you get into this state, one way to get the account tree to refresh is to run Check Changes. Another is to close and re-open the account window.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Digiticed g
July 2017

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Yes, looks very much like a bug. I was able to reproduce. We will look into this, should be able to fix it for the next release. Thank you for your report.

Meanwhile, once you get into this state, one way to get the account tree to refresh is to run Check Changes. Another is to close and re-open the account window.