AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Bug in Automated Rules interface for Frequency date selection

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

In the Automated Rules interface, the Frequency  date selection dropdown select contains dates 1 to 28.   Please add 29 through 31.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Paul F
September 2015

Re: Bug in Automated Rules interface for Frequency date selection

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Paul, your best solution for this problem is a script.  Scripts can determine how many days there are in the current month and then act appropriately.  You'd have to set the script to run every day, testing the day of the month and then either changing the budget or doing nothing.  So, for example, a single script could handle budget changes for the 15th, 16th, the "last day" (whichever date that is) and the 1st.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
hi Paul,

if you are setting up automated rules to run on a specific day each month then logically the number can only go up to 28, if you were to set a rule to run monthly on the 31st it would cause issues as there are only 7 months in a year that have a 31st.

personally if i want to run a rule each month i would suggest midnight on the 1st as this would happen at the same time each month consistently

I hope this helps

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Yes, I was hoping to do a rule for the 28, 29th (leap year), 30th and 31st to cover the four scenarios. The rule we are applying has to do with reducing the adspend on payday (last day of month) and then raising again the day after (1st of month). We have a rule for the 15th and 16th of the month for this same effect but the event we need to target happens on the last day of the calendar month.

New question then, is there a way to set a rule for "one day prior to 1st"?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Paul F
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Paul, your best solution for this problem is a script.  Scripts can determine how many days there are in the current month and then act appropriately.  You'd have to set the script to run every day, testing the day of the month and then either changing the budget or doing nothing.  So, for example, a single script could handle budget changes for the 15th, 16th, the "last day" (whichever date that is) and the 1st.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
Yes, of course! I was stuck looking at Rules. Thank you for the out-of-the-box solutions.