AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Budgeting when 100% Impression Share is Reached

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Once my ads have reached 100% impression share, is there any logic to increasing the daily budget or have I maximized

the potential?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brett T
June 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Brett,

If the budget is higher, that allows for peaks in activity outside of the norm. Those peaks could be due to a genuine surge in interest, or potentially a mistake you have made ($100 bid instead of $1).

It is a risk/reward decision. If we are talking about a few dollars per day and you monitor your account, I would raise the budget a little.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brett T
June 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Brett,

If the budget is higher, that allows for peaks in activity outside of the norm. Those peaks could be due to a genuine surge in interest, or potentially a mistake you have made ($100 bid instead of $1).

It is a risk/reward decision. If we are talking about a few dollars per day and you monitor your account, I would raise the budget a little.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can I assume that short of improving CTR's, increasing the budget when 100% impression share is being achieved won't have a dramatic effect?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

As long as nothing changes (keep in mind there are a lot of dynamic factors in play), and your budget is sufficient, increasing it won't have any effect. 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

You could expand by testing new keywords.  But, if all stays the same, then you are correct.